Leadership in Science Course
emerging leaders: mentoring, coaching, research sharing
You’re already a great teacher - through this course we’ll build on:
- Strengthening your skills inside the classroom and supporting your peers
- Starting or progressing your leadership journey
- Forming coaching relationships
- Be a part of the growing movement to embed more scientific inquiry in schools
Day 1 - Tues 27 April - full day (9am - 3pm)
Day 2 - Mon 17 May - 90mins twilight
Day 3 - Tues 27 July - 90mins twilight
Day 4 - Wed 20 Oct - 90mins twilight: Mentoring Session with Early Career Teachers
As a result of participating in the Leadership in Science, teachers will:
- establish networking relationships with teachers outside their own school
- increase their knowledge and understanding of teaching, learning and assessment practices
- increase the range of strategies they use in the management and delivery of curriculum
- create a portfolio of evidence for NESA accreditation
Thinking of moving towards Highly Accomplished/Lead Teacher level
We will explore the proficiency standards and describe what accreditation involves.
The workshop is designed to provide discussion on understanding the requirements of the HA/LT standards in science. You will be supported in the analysis of the APST to plan your own goals whilst supporting colleagues to identify and achieve their own goals.
6.1.2 - Use the APST and advice from colleagues to identify and plan professional learning needs.
6.3.2 - Contribute to collegial discussions and apply constructive feedback from colleagues to improve professional knowledge and practice.
6.4.2 - Undertake professional learning programs designed to address identified student learning needs.
7.4.2 - Participate in professional and community networks and forums to broaden knowledge and improve practice.
|| $300 +gst
|| $400 +gst
|| $500 +gst
REGISTRATION CLOSE: Tuesday 13 April 2021
Please note that at the time of writing, given changes to NESA Accreditation we will be offering Leadership in Science Course as an Elective PD.